Wednesday, 16 November 2011
There is a lot of confusion among the networkers what is the main difference between Cat 5 E and Cat 6 cables.
Cat5e cable run near gigabit speed (With any above normal noise or substandard equipment you can see performance drop), it just cannot be "certified" for this use. Howevre Cat 6 cable is designed especially for gigabit use, and is certified to operate at said speed despite of some noise and abnormalities.
Main difference between Cat 5e and Cat 6 cable is transmission performance and available bandwidth as Cat 5 support 100 MHZ and Cat 6 Support 200 MHZ
These will provide better signal-to-noise ratio, allowing higher reliability for current applications and higher data rates for bandwidth intensive applications.
When implementing Cat 6 make sure you are using appropriate connectors to achieve best performance.
I have learnt from difference resources there is not standard for Cat6 cabling however there is approved standard for Cat 6 cabling which is ANSI/TIA-568-B.2-1
There is one new standard for Cat 6A which will support 10 Gbps and can support up to 500 MHZ.
Thursday, 3 November 2011
Hi Guys!!! Just discovered some thing really good ...
Have your accounts been compromised? Find out
PwnedList is a tool that allows an average person to check if their accounts have been compromised. No passwords are stored in the database.
Just enter an email address or username associated with any of your accounts to see if it's on our list. Data entered is not stored, re-used, or given to any third parties.
Dont worry it is safe this is run by DVLabs (part of Tipping Point) and aquired by HP I hope you know HP if not look at your laptop :)
As per Website : They have 4,945,786 entries. Around 70% of this is composed of email addresses while the other 30% is usernames. The exact number is visible in the shiny new counter on our front page